Meetings & Events
MOFD - Open Houses
Twice a year, the Moraga-Orinda Fire District holds an Open House - in Orinda in May, and in Moraga during Fire Prevention Week in October. The goal of our Open House is to provide an opportunity for the public to interact with our firefighters and to learn of the services provided by the District and other associated agencies. The public is also able to learn about information concerning public safety, all-risk education and community outreach programs.
MOFD - Car Seat Inspections
The Moraga-Orinda Fire Prevention Division provides no cost installation of child car seats by CPS Certified technicians. In order to provide the highest level of service to our community, we have developed the following policy requirements for the MOFD child car seat installation program:
- Car seat appointments will be scheduled between 8-11AM, Monday through Thursday.
- No Walk-ins, by appointment only, or upon approval of on-duty technician.
- Car seats must be new, in good condition and a model that is currently approved for installation. To see if a car seat is approved visit http://www.buckleupnc.org/car-seat-recall-list/
- Appointments will be late after 15 minutes of the scheduled appointment time. Late appointments will be cancelled and will need to be rescheduled.
MOFD - Station Tours
Tours of your local fire station are available upon request. Station tours last approximately 20-30 minutes and include a tour of the fire station and engines, as well as talking to the firefighters about their job. The District will provide an opportunity for visits to stations provided the following criteria are met:
- Must be part of an organized group, such as boy/girl scouts or local school, including daycare centers and preschools.
- Fire Station tours may be scheduled between the hours of 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM - Monday through Friday. Requests outside of these hours must be approved by the participating Captain.
- Tours should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- Fire stations remain "in-service" during tours. Fire companies may need to respond to emergencies at any time. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting.