Smoke Detector Placement Program
The goal of the Smoke Detector Placement Program is to prevent the loss of life from residential fires throughout the Moraga-Orinda Fire District by providing and/or installing smoke detectors to qualifying District residents and to assist qualifying District residents with battery replacement of existing smoke detectors in their homes.
Our objective is to give qualifying citizens the opportunity to have working smoke detectors in their home by:
- Installing for smoke detectors to qualified district residents in the District.
- Providing for the testing and replacement of smoke detector batteries.
- Encouraging adequate fire detection in the home with proper placement and adequate number of smoke detectors in the home.
- Educating the public and providing guidelines for the placement and installation of smoke detectors.
We offer a smoke detector program for eligible District residents. To be eligible for smoke detector you must:
- Live within the Moraga-Orinda Fire District
- Be a senior citizen or have special needs
For more information or to schedule this program, contact the Fire Prevention Division at (925) 258-4525 ext. 524.
REMEMBER, Smoke and deadly gasses from a fire can become lethal in 3 minutes or less, WORKING SMOKE DETECTORS ARE IMPORTANT FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY'S SAFETY.